Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Thing 10: Sharing Photos

The following quote from a mediocre sit-com represents my first memory of the cultural phenomenon that is Instagram:

"Twitter is stupid, and Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."

Having spent a decent amount of time trying out Instagram and Snapchat, I wouldn't exactly agree with that statement.  But I wouldn't exactly say I loved it, either.  They are both good for a quick "shoot and post" style of photography, and the novelty - particularly of Snapchat - is cool. 

But I can't banish stories I've heard about teens sending inappropriate selfies, assured that the image would disappear in 1 to 10 seconds, only to find out at school on Monday that the recipient took a screen shot, which he/she then forwarded on to everyone.  Everyone.

Plus, while using both, I just kept thinking, "I like Line Camera more.  A lot more.  You can do the same stuff, mostly, and there are so many more options/frames/filters...sigh."


No comments:

Post a Comment