Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thing 23: Evaluate 23 Mobile Things

There were times that I was so frustrated with this project that I literally banged my head on my keyboard (see Thing 6).  I only wish it had happened after I became familiar with Vine so I could have recorded and posted the experience.

But typing right now, after reviewing all my completed Things, I find myself smiling.  And not just because I'm almost done, and not just because I'm listening to an old episode of Wits with SoundCloud...although both are factors.

Mostly I'm smiling because I realized that I've actually learned a lot in a very short time, and some of the stuff I've learned will be useful on a day-to-day basis at work and in my non-work life. I can use Lookout to locate my missing phone with a conveniently loud scream.  I can compare prices with RedLazer or yShopi.  I can promote library services in a visual format (Vine, Piktochart, Haiku). I can save photos and documents to Quickoffice or Dropbox.  I can waste time in new and interesting ways - Pinterest, Line Camera, Bubble Mania.

I was reminded that if (okay, when) I get stuck with a new technology or app, I can go to my colleagues for advice.

Finally, yes, I would absolutely participate in another 23 Things learning activity.  But I need a break to catch up on all my regular work first.

Thanks,
Katherine Stecher

No comments:

Post a Comment