Friday, June 6, 2014

Thing 16: Audio

SoundCloud and Me: A Love Story

Thanks to some fearless early adopters at RPL, we've done a great job embracing new technology.  Last year we - mostly others, but I helped a bit - tested LibRadio, and did what I would consider to be a great job.  (Although ultimately, for a number of reasons, our channel has been discontinued.)

The point is, we've tried audio recording on a bigger scale before, but I think the simplicity of SoundCloud might be more useful on a day-to-day basis.  I can see us recording sound clips to promote events, brief book talks (and we'd have more than 6 seconds to talk!) - maybe give staff recommendation of the best book/movie/CD of the day?!?

Anyway, as a test I recorded a brief - true! - story; it can be found at https://soundcloud.com/katherine-stecher/sounds-from-friday-afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment