Friday, June 6, 2014

Thing 15: Infographics

Infographics Hub

For some unknown reason, the above app was not compatible with my samsung galaxy phone ("Your device isn't compatible with this version").  I'd left my tablet at home, so I borrowed a library nook color...which didn't work either.  So forget you, Infographics Hub; on to i Visual Info Touch.

i Visual info Touch was going to charge me $1 to install, and the user ratings are a sorry 2.5 out of 5.  So forget you too, i Visual info Touch.

As a last resort, I just did an "infographic" search in Google Play and picked one that had a high user rating.  And it didn't work either.  As a post-last resort, I found one called "Piktochart" that, while the app wasn't compatible with my phone, did work on my PC.

So after all that, I thought the hard part was over.  Until I couldn't come up with a theme for my infographic.
I considered :
1.  "Huckleberry Finn v. Video Games" in support of the the late Roger Ebert...but realized I didn't know enough about video games (sorry gamers of the world) to make a logical argument.

2. Our community reading program...but wasn't inspired.

3. Life history of an author that is coming to my library (too invasive???)

4.  Sherlock Holmes: Film v. Book

5. Promote the library's new MAKERSPACE

The final idea won the day, since one design option looked already remarkably like our MakerSpace logo, and could in face be actually used in my work. 
https://magic.piktochart.com/output/2145536-makerspace

The project was fun to make, but my progress was slowed by the lack of functionality as compared to InDesign.






No comments:

Post a Comment